Thursday 13 August 2009

Invisible Rape, Spanish Horror, The Cinema Store, Antichrist, Pro Wrestling

I've discovered an amazing film called The Entity, it's about a woman who becomes terrorized by an invisible force that repeatedly rapes her. It's by Sydney J. Furie who also directed The Ipcress File and ..Superman IV.















Recently my friend Raul showed me The Living Dead at Manchester Morgue, a quite original zombie film set in the British countryside. The director is Spanish. It's also known as Don't Open the Window and Let Sleeping Corpses Lie.
Photobucket
My friend also told me about this Spanish horror film called Who Can Kill a Child?, it's about an English couple who visit a small Spanish town and discover that the children have murdered everyone, a bit like a Village of the Damned or Children of the Corn type thing. The cinematography is amazing.




These film's aren't available here so I had to order them. I usually go to The Cinema Store in Covent Garden to find rare film's and foreign edition's. I don't really download. Photobucket Up until now I thought Spain's contribution to horror cinema consisted of the Blind Dead series and a few Jess Franco film's. I really love Jess Franco, he made this film called Sexo Canibal where the monster is just basically a naked black man.
Photobucket





I watched Antichrist a few weeks ago but couldn't be bothered to write about it, obviously it has a lot of wince inducing violence and also some quite amusingly bad dialogue. It's nicely photographed though. I enjoyed it anyway.






Kinnikuman is a Japanese cartoon about pro wrestling. One of the characters is a Nazi.

No comments:

Post a Comment